To provide safe emergency shelter and comprehensive support services to all victims of family violence.
To promote activities and attitudes that work toward the elimination of family violence.
Domestic Violence is widespread, costly and too often deadly.
Facts About Family Violence:
- 5.3 million incidents occur against U.S. women per year
- 3.2 million incidents occur against U.S. men per year
- 29% of women have experienced family violence in their lifetime
- 22% of men have experienced family violence in their lifetime
- 1,300 death occur per year as a result of family violence
- Approximately 10 million children witness family violence per year
Securus House Charity Motorbike Ride October 11 2014 8:30am @Thunder Tower West Harley Davidson https://www.facebook.com/events/488604864610082/
DO NOT BLAME THE VICTIM, IT IS THE ABUSER WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR VIOLENT BEHAVIOR.
Due to the fact that many acts of domestic violence go unreported, the above statistics may be an underestimation.
To Make A Donation
Mail us a check or money order to the address listed or call us at 770-961-7233. We will send you a receipt for your records.
P.O. Box 870386
Morrow, Georgia 30287-0386